Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Something You Should Know About Me...

I love vampires.  There I said it.  But more than that, I loved them before they became the rage that they are now.  My love for all things blood suckers begain back in the 80's.  My mom introduced me to the show "Dark Shadows".  I know that there was an original version before the 80's but I watched the remake.  I fell in love with the fangs, the beauty and blood.


Oh Barnus, you were my first!

I continued watching this show for years and then there was a bit of a drought until the 90's.  I began reading Anne Rice in middle school and saw one of my all time favorite vampire movies, "Interview with a Vampire."  I mean did it get any better then  Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise (before he was crazy).  Not to mention Antonio Banderas and the sexual tension between him and Brad Pitt.  Oh I thought it was great.


 

Next up was the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".  The TV show, not the movie.  That piece of utter garbage was such a waste.  It was more kich than anything else.  The TV show was much darker and had much more depth.  I watched this show religiously throughout jr. high and high school.  In the dark.  Nothing better.



I continued to try and find books on my favorite character and I returned to Anne Rice and continued reading her vampire series and just loved everything I read.  This was eventually followed up with the making of "The Queen of the Damned."  I'll admit I was hesitant about the movie but I actually loved it.  The music was amazing and even though the writers combined the book of the same name and parts of the book "The Vampire Lestat" I still found it entertaining.




My next series of movies that I loved was the "Blade" Trilogy.  I mean the rave scene in the first movie, brills!  The second one had more heart and the third installment had some much needed humor.  All around great flicks.

Then came the "Underworld" movies.  For crying out loud, how badass was Kate Beckinsale.  I wanted to be her in the worst possible way.  Hell I was her for Halloween one year in college.  HOT.  I will admit that I actually really favor the third movie but the complete story was well told and full of blood and gore.




So that takes me to today, I have read all of the Twilight books, before they were all the rave.  I have probably read them each 5 times.  The writing is well done and the love story is well told.  Now as an adult woman, the sexual tension drives me nuts and that is something that I can't take in those books.  I have also seen both of the movies, neither in the theather, but I will say that the second was much better than the first.  The main thing with the second film is that there wasn't that annoying blue tint to the whole damn thing.  I will admit that "New Moon" was not my favorite story in the series, but the movie was well written and captured the feel of the book nicely.

I have also read the "Vampire Diaries" series. I preferred this to the Twilight series because it is darker and a little more sinister.  These books have now been turned into a TV series that I watch religiously and will be returning to my TV on 21-Jan-10 and it can't come fast enough for me.  I love this show.  Plus the guys in the show are HOTTTTTT!!!!!



While my fix for hot vampires has been on vacation I began reading another series of books.  Now to say that these are adult is an understatment.  I have read my share of sexually graphic books, but to say that these books are hot is like saying that the sun is bright.  The J.R Ward Black dagger Brotherhood series is a must read by anyone who loves action and romance or just a little bit of smut.  It's a fun time.


Finally, I recently saw the movie "Daybreakers" and loved it.  Now this is what a review called the "anti-Twilight" because the vampires in the movie drink blood, hunt humans, can't go in the sunlight, don't have reflections, the whole deal.  The story is amazing and the action is great and more blood than you can shake a stick at.  I highly reccomend this to any vampire lover out there.  Click on the link below for a great review.



So now that it's out there, you know.  I'm proud to admit that I was on the bandwagon even before there was a bandwagon to be on.

1 comment:

  1. so.did.I.
    !!!
    for real. Int with the vampire is one of the best movies ever and I am a buffy fan4life.

    ReplyDelete