Monday, February 1, 2010

Just Do It..or whatever

So, I am wannabe runner.  I've breifly brought it up on here before but over the last few weeks I have become a little more serious about it.  I started running because I wanted to get into shape and just all around be healthy and feel like I had more energy.  But now I'm feeling the need to have a goal at the end of my running trail so I posted a comment on one of my favorite blogs, http://www.skinnyrunner.com/.  Not only is this site full of helpful info but also Sarah is funny and it's one of the first ones I read in the monring right after catching up with PerezHilton :).

So I had posted a comment about where to start with your first race and I inquied if a 5k would be a good start.  And she actually responded, which was amazing to me and a bit of a Wow moment.  I have only been blogging for awhile and mostly stalking other blogs but now I have become a little more active so I was very surprised.  I think I will be taking her advice and signing up for a 5k that will be happening here in Austin at the end of March.  I'm hoping to at least complete it without wanting to fall over and puke, but it's only 3.1 miles so I have high hopes for no vomit.

Thanks Sarah for responding to my question.

1 comment:

  1. I am a wannabe runner too! I ran a handful of 5K's this year and love them. They are a great way to get in shape and have a goal to work towards. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete